The National Institute of Arthritis and Musculoskeletal and Skin Diseases (NIAMS) held its annual Scientific Planning Retreat on April 14-15, 2008. Topics of discussion included gene therapy, chronic pain, management of center awards, development of ancillary studies to large clinical trials, and recommendations associated with research training programs supported by the Institute. These discussions centered on the establishment of informed priorities, as well as identifying effective processes for managing existing programs. One-page overviews and summary PowerPoint slides of each topic are provided below, and include the key questions that were addressed during each session.
- Ancillary Studies to Large Clinical Projects — Backgrounder
- Training Program Recommendations — Backgrounder
- Centers Awards Program Management — Backgrounder
- Chronic Pain — Backgrounder
- Gene Therapy for Arthritis, Musculoskeletal and Skin (AMS) Diseases — Backgrounder